Monday, October 17, 2016

Lap App Love!


Cherry Bird from Baltimore Garden Quilt
Having fun stitching applique on my new Lap App!

Thanks to my students at Baltimore on the Prairie for sharing their new Lap App with me.
Best invention ever! The Lap App is a new tool for stitchers of all kinds. Basically, it is a little work surface that you place on your lap and adjust to your own comfortable position for sewing.

I always encourage my hand applique students to brace their hands on a surface for stability
while stitching, rather than hold their sewing up in the air, and to practice good posture
for health and circulation.

So of course, I had to have one! I am so glad I made this investment - using the Lap App while sewing in my comfy armchair allows me to have much better posture. Now I can't wait to use it while sewing in the car, which is always a bit awkward!

The Lap App comes with a sewing themed cloth cover, an ironing cover, fine sandpaper for
tracing onto fabric for hand piecing or applique, and other features. Joyce Haskins, the co-inventor, explains more here: https://lapappstore.net/  

P.S. I have no affiliation, just a happy user.


Keep Stitching!
Barbara M. Burnham
www.barbaramburnham.com

(c) 2016 Barbara M. Burnham. All rights reserved. Reproduction of any kind is expressly prohibited without prior written authorization.

7 comments:

  1. Just ordered it! Can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enquiring about one as I live in Australia. Will have to see about shipping. I really really want one 😆

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered mine from Paperpieces.com.
    Great service...great tool.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Comments are moderated at this time.