Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Annette of Alberta's Baltimore Garden Blocks

One of the first questions people ask when starting an applique project is, "How do I choose fabrics?"

You are only limited by your imagination and the fabrics available to you. However, it is always interesting to see what other stitchers have done. They may take your imagination to new places.

Annette J. of Alberta, Canada is stitching applique blocks from the book "Baltimore Garden Quilt." She has a company called Natures Colors, and she is using her own hand dyed fabrics in a rainbow of colors. So her take on this quilt is quite different from the antique red-and-green color scheme. With her permission, I can share her photos here. Thank you Annette!

Enjoy "nature's colours" stitched by Annette:













16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! They are so beautiful! These blocks will really make the quilt look like a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Annette !! These are just beautiful ! So happy that you shared them.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Can't believe how different this quilt looks with the hand dyed choice just gorgeous Annette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen Annette`s work on many applique and her work is impeccable! her dyes only enhance the blocks. Wonderful blocks! I have the book but have not started yet...not till maybe the new year! my quilt list is growing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my! What beauties!! I'll have to get the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation Annette on such beautiful blocks. I especially love the red birds! And you Barbara for terrific designs - I really love your book!
    Best stitiches,
    Mercy in Miami

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annette, your hand dyed fabrics are beautiful. All your blocks look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annette's blocks are gorgeous!
    Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how beautiful! You just made my morning a little brighter and happier!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. Amazing how each version looks so different, yet equally lovely. Ady

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful - they are like water color paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just bought the Baltimore Garden book--can't wait to get it in the mail! I love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joana, I would love to see what you do with your blocks!

      Delete
  13. Not only are the colors stellar, but the workmanship is too. Please, Annette, post pictures of the finished quilt.

    Mary in Tennessee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. It's nice to see the use of solid colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, so beautifuuuul!
    hhtp://nataliaturchaninova.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Comments are moderated at this time.